According to the Green Paper of the European Commission (2001), corporate, social and environmental responsibility is the concept in which companies integrate voluntary social and environmental concerns in their business operations and in their interaction with their stakeholders. Corporate, social and environmental responsibility extends beyond full compliance with the legal obligations of the company by investing more in human capital, the environment and relations with stakeholders. The environmental and corporate responsibility begins as culture, behaviour and action from within the company and expands outward covering the society in which it operates.
Companies and organizations are invited to have a clear environmental policy and to contribute positively to the welfare of society and the planet, while promoting environmental and business sustainability themselves.
Anaplasis provides consulting services including:
Support for the European Ecolabel
The EU Ecolabel, known as ‘Flower’, is part of the Action Plan on Sustainable Consumption and Production and Sustainable Industrial Policy adopted by the European Commission on July 16, 2008 and was adopted in order to encourage companies to promote products and services that are environmentally friendly.
The European Ecolabel, despite the fact that it is voluntary, has secured companies with competitive advantages.
Today, the EU Ecolabel covers a wide range of products and services, including hotels, accommodation, cleaning products, household appliances, paper products, textile products for the home and garden, lubricants.
In Cyprus, the new Regulation (EC) 66/2010 of the EU ECOLABEL has been aligned with the Cyprus Legislation though the Law 184 (I) / 2012.
Support for the design and implementation of the Community Eco-Management and Audit – Eco Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS)
Part of the mandatory environmental acquis of the European Union is the Regulation (EC) no. 1221/2009 on the voluntary participation of organizations in a Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS). EMAS is designed to help companies and organizations to enhance their competitiveness by improving their environmental performance.
The registration of an organization in EMAS enables them to demonstrate to all interested parties and customers that they improve, manage and reduce their environmental aspects. Additionally, the system helps in full compliance of organizations with environmental legislation and the long term economic benefits from a more efficient and reduced use of resources. The EMAS logo may be used as an effective management tool for marketing purposes and sales promotion.
EMAS is the most reliable and consistent environmental management system on the market. However, the European Union recognizes that the ISO14001, as an international standard, is part of EMAS, while the new European regulations enable organizations that implement other environmental management systems to switch as easily as possible in EMAS.
Environmental Management System ISO 14001 / EMAS
Our services include:
- The initial Environmental Impact Assessment to identify and assess all environmental aspects and identify those that may have significant effects on the environment (raw materials, air emissions, effluents and waste, etc.)
- The presentation of the assessment, the required remedial actions and action plan
- The development and documentation of the environmental management system that includes the Environmental Management Manual, the necessary procedures, work instructions and forms taking into account the results of the initial environmental analysis and assessment and compliance with the standard ISO 14001 or EMAS Regulation
- Linking the Environmental Management System with the Quality Management System ISO 9001 if applied by the company
- Monitoring, control and assisting the implementation of the Environmental Management System
- Providing assistance in the drafting of the Environmental Programme where the targets of the enterprise are established in relation to the environment
- The development of efficient waste management and reduction systems (solids, liquids and gases)
- Suggestions for corrective actions and monitoring their implementation
- Providing personnel training in environmental management